Help and FAQ's
- Ability to connect with other pilots
- Create flight stories with the slick online editor. These will appear on our world route map for everyone to enjoy
- Instructors can also create a page of your school/club which will appear in the schools directory
- Real-time flight recording tool downloadable as a Web Application onto your GPS enabled device (phone or tablet)
Integrate with Gyropedia.com
Flight Recorder App is now integrated with Gyropedia's flight logging system
Here is an additional reason to use The Flight Recorder App as an integral part of your gyroplane flying:
Many gyro-pilots use gyropedia.com's online booking system to log their flights.
Create, start, stop and update your gyropedia.com logs right from within the Flight Recorder App.
Your gyropedia.com flight log entry is auto-started and stopped automatically when you begin and end your recording within the Flight Recorder App, and the start stop times are automatically updated.
Any warnings generated in gyropedia.com for the selected particular flight will also appear in the app
View your recorded track in 3D from within your Pilot's Logbook in Gyropedia
When you view your completed flight on gyropedia which was activated through the Flight Recorder App, you will see appear an extra link taking you to the 3D view of your flight.
Connecting the Flight Recorder App to gyropedia.com
Connecting the Flight Recorder App to your gyropedia.com account is a breeze: just press the "Connect Now" button and log into your gyropedia.com account
when presented with the gyropedia.com login page.
This will store a special access code in your profile. If you ever want to disconnect the app from your gyropedia.com account simply delete this code from your profile settings
Import your routes files from SkyDemon or similar appsgyropilots.org continues to receive new features! You are now able to import and your routes from kml files into your account. The feature is available on your track manager in your account. Upload and view them directly on the track manager via the inbuilt viewer. The track manager is also where your journeys that you record using the gyropilots.org App as explained above.
View your routes on Google Earth!From the track manager you can also export these flights as a file that can be viewed in Google earth
Notifications and alerts
Be notified when other members go flying or post storiesgyropilot.org continues to gain new features to foster collaboration and engagement among its members. Verified members will see on the profile page of each other member a couple of "follow" buttons Switching these on will allow the system to send you an email when this member goes flying or creates a story. You can view and manage all these notifications also from your notifications panel.
Alerting your friends (and not just members)In the notifications panel you can also add email addresses of your friends and family who will be notified when you create a story or go flying. They will receive an email redirecting them to the live tracker page showing your real-time location.
Send a live video with your camera while flying
You are now able to stream live video from your camera or phone while flying!
The real-time video will appear on your live page allowing friends and family to follow you as you fly.
This feature is particularly useful for trainee pilots doing their solos allowing their instructors to visually follow them
You can live stream in one of two ways
Live stream via the Flight Recorder App
You can stream directly using your phone camera at a simple click of a button from within the Flight Recorder App itself.
Just install the companion Camera App the first time by following the link in the popup
Setup with GoPro 7 Black (and later) for live streaming
The feature uses Real-Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP) which is supported by the later GoPro's.
Navigate to your camera console page and create a new camera. Then copy the RTMP address which you will then set in your GoPro live stream settings as shown here
Here is a video describing the setup
Overcome the limitations of the GoPro: The gyropilots.org Encoder to the rescue.
The GoPro streaming works well in a static environment when connected to a reliable WIFI network. In practice however it is not resilient in poor network conditions: the camera will spontaneously terminate live streaming when flying through a weak signal area or when a change of cellular connection occurs, which is bound to happen on any cross country flight!
The other limitation is that the GoPro App is very finnicky, and can take sometime to set the camera up to stream before departing.
This is where our Network Encoder comes into its own.
- The Encoder has undergone extensive testing, and functions even in very bad signal areas, restarting automatically when traversing a zone with no data network or upon a change or cell tower.
- The Encoder is controlled by a simple ONE BUTTON push, and is integrated into the gyropilots.org Flight Recorder App , so the setup is a breeze, and is automatically started when pressing the "start recording" button on the Flight Recorder App and stopped when the flight is ended.
- The encoder can be connected directly to the RT intercom for sound recording, thereby avoiding the need to purchase the (pricey) GoPro audio adapter.
- The Encoder can powered by standard USB charger, or a 12v Car Socket
- The Encoder can be connected to any camera with an HDMI output: it does not have to be a GoPro 7+!
Live preview in the App
You can view the live stream from within the Flight Recorder App itself.