The website at gyropilots.org (the “Website”) is owned by Tom Felici (“we/us”). For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller and we will process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and national laws which relate to the processing of personal data.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We are committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our Website and complying with all applicable laws in the use of the information we collect about you.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it, including what type of information is collected and tracked on the Website, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared.
We may collect two types of information from users of this Website: (i) “Personal Information” (including, but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number (including mobile number), credit card information or e-mail address; and (ii) anonymous “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” (such as information about how many users log on to our Website). The Personal Information we may collect and process includes:
• Personal details that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services or requesting further services, including, but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number (including mobile number), credit card information or e-mail address;
• Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• Details of any transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of orders; and
• Dealings with third parties who hold personal information on you (which could include organisations such as banks, credit card agencies). They may provide this information as a matter of ordinary business dealings, or we may ask them to do so.
The Personal Information you provide on the Website will be used, amongst other things, for the following purposes:
• To process your order (including payment authorisation);
• To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• To notify you about changes to our services;
• If gyropilots.org or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of gyropilots.org, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
• For marketing purposes, as described in more detail under “Direct Marketing” below.
We do not use/share your Personal Information, with third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
If you are an existing customer, we would only contact you from time to time (by e-mail, mail, telephone, SMS or other means) with information about goods and services that you have received from us and only in relation to your orders.
If you do not wish to be contacted please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
The GDPR says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason for doing so.
The permitted Legal Bases for processing are set out in article 6 of the GDPR. At least one of these must apply whenever we process your personal data:
Consent: you have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose (for example processing your order, dealing with delivery issues)
Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone's life.
Public task: the processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect your personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
While no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, the security of our system is very important to us. We seek to ensure that up-to-date data storage and security techniques are used to protect the Personal Information. All our employees and any third parties we engage to process the Personal Information are also obliged to respect the confidentiality of this Personal Information. The Personal Information is held on a secure online server utilising the Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) standard.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of registered and non-registered visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which is a small file stored on your browser. We use a web analytics service called Google Analytics provided by Google Inc. Google Analytic cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. We also aggregate this data to perform statistical analyses of the characteristics and behaviour of our Website visitors internally. Cookies are also used as a further means of ensuring private and secure purchase sessions are operated within the Website. We do not share that data with any other third parties.
Any information that Google Analytics collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous. Your browser can be modified to not accept cookies - guidance for which is provided in the paragraph below.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser (for example, using Internet Explorer select 'internet options' from the 'tools' menu, then click 'security', followed by 'custom level' and select 'disable cookies'). However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled. For more information about cookies, including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
We keep your data while you have an account with us, and sometimes for a longer period, depending on whether there are legal or regulatory reasons for doing so.
Contact details, account details and payment history must be retained for seven years.
We have a legal obligation to ensure that the Personal Information is kept accurate and up to date. Please assist us to comply with this obligation by informing us of any changes to the Personal Information. You have the right to request details of the information we hold about you and to delete or rectify any inaccurate information about you by sending us a written request stating your full name and your address.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.